Here’s a very good e-book on the Zend Framework called Zend Framework: Surviving The Deep End by Pádraic Brady. You can access this book from it’s site at www.survivethedeepend.com. It’s not yet available in print or download, but the author does mention that there’s a print book coming out in the near future.
Here’s a top level Table of contents of the subjects covered in this book:
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The Architecture of Zend Framework Applications
- 3. The Model
- 4. Installing The Zend Framework
- 5. A Not So Simple Hello World Tutorial
- 6. Standardise The Bootstrap Class With Zend_Application
- 7. Handling Application Errors Gracefully
- 8. Developing A Blogging Application
- 9. Implementing The Domain Model: Entries and Authors
- 10. Setting The Design With Zend_View, Zend_Layout, HTML 5 and Yahoo! User Interface Library
- A. Creating A Local Domain Using Apache Virtual Hosts
- B. Performance Optimisation For Zend Framework Applications
- C. Copyright Information
- If you’re already working on the Zend Framework, take a look at the section on Performance optimizations for apps built on the Zend Framework, which has some useful tips.