A pretty cool project in PHP – Memproxy is a caching proxy “server” that uses memcached for storing the cache. This project uses PHP scripts to handle caching using memcache. Key features of the MemProxy are:
- Uses memcached for storage
- Serves cache headers to clients based on TTL of cached data
- Uses custom headers to assemble multiple pieces of cache into one object
- Minimal dependencies. Only PHP and pecl/memcached needed.
- Small code base. It is just two files, one when settings are cached.
- Application agnostic. If the backend is hosted on an HTTP server this can cache it.
Requirements to install MemProxy are:
- PHP 5.2 with the PECL/memcache extension.
- A web server that has rewrite abilities. Apache and Nginx examples provided.
Link: MemProxy @ Google Code